Kotaku is providing us with alot of great stuff as Mass Effect Week continues! Drew Karpyshyn is one of my favorite writers, not only for his video game work with Kotor, Mass Effect, and ToR, but also for his Mass Effect, Darth Bane, and Darth Revan Novels. He is one of the best fantasy/Sci-Fi writers alive and everyone should definitely check out his stuff. The following is an exerpt from an interview that the man made with Kotaku;
“I think taking a video game and putting it into another form—book, movie, or whatever—is very complicated, especially a BioWare game. We have 30 hours of content!,” Karpyshyn noted. “Obviously, you’re going to have to define Shepard, which is going to annoy a lot of the fans. ‘Hey, my Shepard was female.’ ‘Hey, my Shepard was Paragon.’ Or ‘my Shepard was Renegade.’ ‘My Shepard didn’t have a romance.’ That is something you just can’t avoid as a film. You just have to bite the bullet and realize that’s going to happen.”
Follow the link below for more information on their interview with the amazing Drew Karpyshyn: Full Article at Kotaku
Or Check out his personal website for more information on his work and his new series coming up; Children of Fire
- Geth Juggernaut Soldier: Huge Geth unit. Cannot dodge or take cover. Cannot be staggered. Powers: Assault Pulse, Hex Shield, Geth Turret.
- Turian Cabal Vanguard: Female biotic Turian, as introduced in Omega. Biotic abilities for dodge. Powers: Poison Strike, Nightshade Blades, Biotic Focus.
- Alliance Infiltration Unit: EDI-like cyborg. Can uppercut because reasons. Powers: Tactical Cloak, Snap Freeze, Repair Matrix.
- Krogan Warlord Sentinel: Gigantic hammer wielding Krogan. Cannot take cover or dodge. Rage regenerates health. Powers: Tech Armour, Biotic Hammer, Electric Hammer.
- Talon Mercenary Engineer: Human mercenary armed with a tech bow because 2013 continues the “Year of the Bow”. Powers: Trip Mines, Armor-Piercing Arrows, Concussive Arrows.
- Awakened Collector Adept: Yes, a Collector. Assumed to be controlled by Leviathan. Powers: Dark Sphere, Seeker Swarm, Dark Channel.
- Geth Spitfire Assault Rifle: A portable Geth Gatling gun.
- Venom Shotgun: Explosive round firing shotgun. Charge to have rounds fragment into more explosives.
- Lancer Assault Rifle: New assault rifle.
- Blood Pack Executioner Pistol: One-shot-per-clip high damage Magnum-like pistol.
- Chakram Launcher Assault Rifle: Explosive disk launching rifle.
- Blood Pack Punisher SMG: Heavy submachine gun, good against armour.
- Adas Anti-Synthetic Rifle: Electric based rifle. Shoots travelling electrical rounds (no hitscan).
- Geth Scanner: Enhances radar?
- Assault Rifle Ultralight Materials: Lowers weight of assault rifles.
- Pistol Power Amplifier:
- SMG Power Amplifier:
- Shotgun Ultralight Materials: Lowers weight of shotguns.
- Batarian Gauntlet: Replaces any class heavy attack with the Batarian’s falcon punch. Looks great on a Volus.
This Guy on the NeoGAF forum posted more pictures and details about what all of the sets have included. Read it here!